Det är inte varje dag man gör en intervju i en Ukrainsk rock tidningen.
Här är intervjun översatt till Engelska om någon skulle vara nyfiken vs.
Önskar en god kväll.
1. How did you get to hear a Metal record for the first time, and what motivated you to keep on digging in this scene? How old were you at that time?
1. All started when i was around 13 years old. The hard rock music like Sweet, Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Queen, Black Sabbath, Kiss and so on, was on the way to raise. My dream about play an instrument started then. So me and some schools friends had this wish to start learn instrument and also do a rockband. From the beginning i was interested just about the bass guitar. The bass instrument was my first choice and 38 years later i still play bass. So when i was 15 years old we did our first live rock show in our school. That was the start for my career!
2. How long did it take you to turn from a fan to a musician?
2. I can’t remember, but my first singel was with Deep Purple and the song Hush, It was also some with Black Sabbath example with the song Iron man that i had on a cassette tape. So i think i was a fan like 2-3 years before i started to learn an instrument ( Bass guitar )
3. When and why did you start playing the bass-guitar?
3. In school all the student needed to learn flute, and i was maybe 8 years old. Of some reason, i ask for a bass flute. Maybe because i like the lowest not´s, i don’t really know. But the flute was to expensive for our family. So it was like it was. Then few years later, i was interested to start play bass tuba, but it was also an expensive instrument. Then the band Kiss released the first album, and i saw Gene Simmons The bass player in Kiss. From that day, i know that the bass instrument was my´n. So i got my first bass when i was 14 years old. And i still love the bass instrument.
4.Which artist, album or song had the biggest impact on you as musician? What bass-guitarists have influenced your style?
4. Gene Simmons ( Kiss ) with hes image inpress me mush when i was little. And in this age, its hard to say how is better then others, but the impression was very big with Gene! About bass players, it s so many good bass players out there, so it hard to say with inspired me most. But i liked Stanley Clarke a lot, and still do. I think i had influence of all kind of bass players. Some have a nice technique, Some a interesting harmony feelings, Some a very nice grow, or a very personally style of playing. Its not always the best players influence you. I think the style of playing is more interesting. I was anyway very open for different styles of bass player.
5. What kind of equipment are you using now? What’s your favorite bass guitar today?
5. I use the bass ” Manne Newport ” 4 strings bass with 29 fret´s. Its the best bass guitar for me so far. I have 24 bass guitars, but my 3 Manne basses i use most of the time. If i record some times i also use 5 strings bass guitar. My amp is EDEN bass amp. The best in the market i will say. Its 800w world tour Eden amp and i have 4 speakers cabinets with 4 x 10 speakers in every cabinets. I also have the bass riggs, but this is what i use.
If a do small solobass concerts or workshops i use AER combo. Its easy to bring in the car or in the flights. And it sound fantastic even if its so small.
6. You released a few solo albums already. How do you describe your style? Do you think there’s a big difference to play music comprised mostly of bass playing or traditional metal music?
6. I did 10 soloalbums with fusion-art bassplaying. The last one is THE WORLD CHANGE! After so many years of bassplaying my feelings was to develop my playing so my interest would stay for bassplaying. If you play one style all the time like i did for 38 years, in the end it can be borring. It is my responsibility to keep my interest input for bassplaying. So because this and my love for bass instrument i need to do an adventure with the instrument. Knowledge is never wrong to hold. I stil love metal and i just record the new album with the Brazilian band Shadowside. I and just arrive home from Florida, there we record our metal video. I hope the album will be out in the beginning of the year 2017, also the video.
7. What inspires you most? Do you need a special atmosphere to be creative?
7. Good question, The atmosphere helps a lot. I try to work on my bass playing almost every day. And some time it can inspiring me to go to some other place to practice. Also new adventure give me inspirations. Right now i would very much like to make bass concert in the Pyramid in Egypt. I did my solobass concerts all ready round the world. In China, Nepal, Svalbard in Arctis, Bolivia, Peru, USA, England, Japan, Korea, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and many other country´s. This give me power to work on my bassplaying. This weekend i will play my bass on chakra meditation with my friend how is a medium. So my bassplaying is my adventure in my life.
8. You are / were also involved in bands / projects like Jorn, Tony Martin, X-World/5, Shadowside, Fullforce, Planet Alliance, Revolution Renaissance, etc. not counting the HammerFall of couse. Did any of these activities give you a similar satisfaction as your solo-career?
8. It was more than 9 years ago i left the band Hammerfall. So i did some hardRock and metal projects in the between. Im very happy to start projects or also been invited to some many nice albums. Musicians in this bands have played with King Diamond, Black Sabbath, Davis Bowie, The Cure, Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Masterplane, Pagans Mind and so on. So its very nice musician i had luck to play with! Thanks for that!
This day´s im a member of Shadowside, and i most say that the muscian´s in the band have very hight standard. And the new album will be a killer album.
So i hope we will come to Ukraine som day´s for concerts. My friend Michael Johansson have a new bar / pub in Odessa, so then i can also say hello to him, smile.
9. What kind of legacy would you like to leave behind as a bass-guitarist?
9. Music is magic / Love, Peace and Understanding